Roofing Features & Benefits
All Comfort 365® roofs come with the following features, unless stated otherwise. Find out what you can expect from your new roof and learn about the added benefits of choosing a Champion roof.
- Lifetime Shingles – Select from many great Lifetime Shingle choices with Advanced Protection® Technology. Advanced Protection® Technology results in superior protection for your home, while reducing the use of precious natural resources. That’s better for your home and the environment!
- Leak Barrier – These barriers provide exceptional protection against leaks caused by roof settling and extreme weather. Unlike many companies who only use this on the north side of home or treat it as an upgrade, Champion uses this flexible, self-healing barrier anywhere your home’s roof changes direction and at all attachment points providing you with roofing systems that are extremely durable.
- Roof Deck Protection – Standard on all roofing installations, Champion roofs come complete with TigerPaw™ this roof deck protection allows moisture to escape from your attic while providing an exceptionally strong layer of protection against ice dams and wind-driven rain. This layer of protection won’t rip or tear so your roof is not vulnerable to extreme weather conditions. It also lays flatter for a better-looking roof. This benefits customers as many roofers typically use a 15# felt which can rip and tear and absorb moisture, causing severe buckling, wrinkling and a terrible looking roof.
- Drip Edge – The lower edge of a roof should extend beyond the fascia board so that runoff drains into the gutters. If this slight overhang is too short, water will drip behind the gutters leading to rotten roof sheathing and fascia, stained siding, and even soil erosion and a flooded basement. All Champion roofing installations include a corrosion resistant drip edge applied along eaves and the rakes to prevent these issues.
- Starter Strip – Saves time, eliminates waste and reduces the entry of rain and wind lowering the risk of blow-off and ice damming. Some roofers cut costs and don’t do this step, using just a regular shingle instead, which will cost you down the line with possible ice and water damage.
- Ridge Cap Shingles – Ridge caps add the finishing touch to your home’s roofing systems, enhancing your home’s beauty and value. It also protects your home from leaks at the hips and ridges. Ridge caps are standard on all Champion installations.
- Comprehensive Attic Ventilation – Helps reduce your family’s health risks by removing the warm air and moisture that can lead to mold growth. Attic ventilation also helps prevent higher energy bills and premature peeling of interior paint and wallpaper. Most roofing warranties are voided upon installation as installers did not put in adequate ventilation which doesn’t allow heat and moisture to escape.
- Solar Powered Ridge Vent – (Optional) Hot, stale attic air is removed through the Solar Powered Ridge Vent. Fresh air is drawn into your attic through your soffit (or other) intake vents.
- Fastening – Champion only uses ring shank nails and follows a 6-nail fastening system. This allows for a better roof warranty and 50% more adhesion to roof (shingles are harder to blow off). Typical roofing installers use a 4-nail fastening system and use smooth roofing nails or even staples which have less grip and are easily displaced by the elements.
Types of Roofing Shingles
Keeping your home protected is our highest priority which is why all Champion roofs come complete with the following protective elements.
- Extra-thick design with massive 8" exposure is up to 195% thicker than strip shingles, for a distinct finishing touch on any roofing styles.
- Unlike cut-up strip shingles, Timbertex® is factory-designed to complement the color of your roof’s shingles and enhance all types of roofing designs.
- Dura Grip® Self-seal Adhesive seals each piece tightly and helps reduce the risk of blow-off.
- Helps assure the beauty of your ridge cap shingles against unsightly blue-green algae.
- Up to a lifetime limited warranty when installed on Lifetime Shingle roofs.
- Special moisture-control roofing design helps remove nearly twice as much damaging moisture from your roof deck.
- Non-asphaltic, polypropylene construction for long-lasting performance.
Cost & Financing
Purchasing roofing for your home is a project that will literally cover your home from edge to edge. We understand that it’s important to feel you’ve received a quality value for the total cost of your project, however, the cost of Champion’s roofing products and services will vary based on your home’s customized needs.
During our in-home consultations, Champion’s customer care associates will work with you to help discover the best options and savings opportunities for your home. We’ll discuss your homes uniquely customized needs, materials, and various other options that will help to improve the quality, durability, comfort, savings and overall beauty of your home.
Once we’ve been able to determine the right options for your home’s roofing needs, we can better determine an exact price. We can also provide many easy and affordable financing offers to help you choose the best financing solution.
Your Champion Comfort 365® roofing system will be custom installed by Champion’s own expertly trained installation technicians. Learn more about what you can expect before, during and after your installation.
Ready To Learn More?
Our Champion customer care associates are ready and waiting for your call. We’re happy to answer any general questions or concerns about your home improvement project, the installation process or setting up an in-home consultation. Please feel free to get in touch at 1-877-4-CHAMPION. We look forward to helping you with your future home improvements!