Last Updated: March 2012
Information Champion Collects
We may collect information about you such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, (“Personal Information”). We also collect information such as demographic data and data about your activity on our website (“Non-Personal Information”).
Generally, the information provided by your browser does not identify you personally, and Champion does not normally link this information to any other information that would permit us to identify you. Typically, we use this information to create statistics that help us improve our sites and make them more compatible with the technology used by our visitors. However, we may review our server logs for security purposes, for example, to detect intrusions into our network. The possibility therefore exists that, in the event of criminal malfeasance, we might share our server logs, which contain visitors IP addresses, with the appropriate investigative authorities who could use that information to trace and identify individuals.
How Champion Collects Information
- From You. We may collect information from you when you access our website and submit information thereon. We may also collect information from you in connection with a job application.
- Other Sources. We may also collect information about you from third parties. Such information may include, without limitation, information contained in credit reports and demographic information. Champion does not pull a credit bureau report on you unless you give us permission to do so.
Cookies are small text files stored directly on the device you are using. When you visit our website, we may assign to your computer one or more cookies, used to facilitate access to our website, personalize your online experience, and record information about your visit. Using a cookie, we may automatically collect information about your online activity on our website, such as the web pages you visit, the links or advertisements you click on, and other actions you take while on our website. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can manually delete cookies and in most cases, can modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, some features of our website may not function properly.
We may also use web beacons and other web-based technologies on our websites. Web beacons (also known as, clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are small graphics with a similar function to cookies, and are used to help us understand the online movements of our web users. We may include web beacons in e-mails or Newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. You may also delete our cookies as soon as you leave our website. Although you are not required to accept our cookies when you visit the Champion website, you may be unable to use all of the functionality of the site if your browser rejects our cookies.
How Champion Uses Information
We may use your information to perform, without limitation, the following tasks:
- Provide you with additional products and services, such as our Newsletter;
- Communicate with you about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Research and analyze your use or interest in our products and services;
- Develop and display content and services tailored to your interests;
- Measure the effectiveness of our advertising, content, and other activities;
- Consider a submitted job application.
In addition to the foregoing, Champion retains the personal information collected on our website as long as necessary to provide the services, products and information you request or as permitted by applicable law.
With Whom Champion Shares Your Information
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliate(s) in your local market / territory.
- Finance Companies. When you submit a request for information about Champion’s financing options or otherwise apply for financing through this website, you are consenting to the disclosure of your Personal Information with our affiliated finance companies. No credit check will be performed by us or Champion’s finance companies unless you expressly authorize us / them to do so. Finance companies that receive your information may retain or use your information whether or not you use their services or obtain financing on your Champion purchase. If you have questions about the information sharing practices of these finance companies, you should contact them directly as their practices may differ from ours.
- Services Providers. We may share your information with trusted service providers that perform services on our behalf. These third parties include, without limitation, marketing and customer services firms, or entities that provide business analysis or website support. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information, as such information may be needed to perform their functions.
- Marketing Companies. Champion reserves the right to share your information with marketing and database companies (e.g., list companies) with whom Champion has entered into service agreements, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information at our sole discretion in the following limited situations:
- In response to a subpoena, court order, or request from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as we reasonably believe is required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees or others; or to enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale, or bankruptcy.
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in the inability to use certain features of our website or receive certain offers on Champion products or services.
You may opt out of receiving email marketing communications from Champion and/or Champion’s newsletter by following the instructions at the bottom of the email or by Clicking Here or contacting us at [firstname.lastname@example.org or Champion Window Mfg. & Supply Co. LLC, 12121 Champion Way, Cincinnati, OH 45241]. Please note that when opting-out from our Newsletter, such requests may take up to ten (10) days to become effective.
Updating and Accessing Your Personal Information
You may have the ability to view or edit some of your Personal Information online. You can update your Personal Information by contacting us at [email@example.com or Champion Window Mfg. & Supply Co. LLC, 12121 Champion Way, Cincinnati, OH 45241].
How Champion Protects Your Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures to help safeguard your Personal Information from unauthorized access and disclosure. Although we take these measures seriously, we do not guarantee that your Personal Information will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their Personal Information.
Special Notice to California Residents
Champion may not share information about you with other companies, whether affiliated or not, except in the limited circumstances permitted under state law, or if you give us your permission You have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to request from us the following information: (i) categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; (ii) names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and (iii) if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
To make such a request, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org or Champion Window Mfg. & Supply Co. LLC, 12121 Champion Way, Cincinnati, OH 45241].
Special Notice to Vermont Residents
We will not share any information about you with other companies to the extent prohibited by applicable Vermont law or to the extent your prior consent to share is required by applicable Vermont law.
Special Notice to North Dakota Residents
We will only share information about you with our service providers and with third parties as required or permitted by law, or if you give us your permission.
The information and services provided by Champion are not intended or directed towards children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or use any information about children whatsoever.
Visiting Championwindow.com from Outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties