The Energy Star program is a government-backed initiative that helps consumers save money and energy by promoting energy-efficient products. In order to earn Energy Star certification, products must meet strict energy efficiency standards.
The Energy Star program recently updated its standards for residential windows and doors. The new Energy Star 7.0 requirements are more stringent than the previous requirements, and they are designed to help consumers save even more energy and money on their utility bills.
Champion Windows is proud to announce that its enhanced Comfort 365 Windows® meet the new Energy Star 7.0 requirements. This means that Champion customers can be confident that their new windows will help them save energy and money for years to come.
What are the new Energy Star 7.0 Requirements for Windows?
The new Energy Star 7.0 requirements for windows vary depending on the climate zone in which the windows are installed. However, all Energy Star 7.0 windows must meet the following minimum requirements:
What are the Benefits of Energy Star Windows?
Energy Star windows offer a number of benefits, including:
- Energy savings: Energy Star windows can help you save energy and money on your utility bills.
- Improved comfort: Energy Star windows can help keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, making it more comfortable for you and your family.
- Reduced environmental impact: Energy Star windows can help reduce your carbon footprint and protect the environment.
How do Champion Comfort 365 Windows® Meet the New Energy Star 7.0 Requirements?
Champion Comfort 365 Windows® meet the new Energy Star 7.0 requirements through a number of features, including:
- Triple-pane glass: Triple-pane glass is more energy-efficient than single- or double-pane glass in certain climates. It helps to keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- Low-emissivity (low-E) coating: Low-E coating on the glass helps to reflect heat away from your home in the summer and trap heat inside your home in the winter.
- Argon gas filling: Argon gas is a non-toxic, inert gas that is used to fill the space between the panes of glass in double and triple-pane windows. Argon gas helps to improve the insulation value of the window.
- Warm-edge spacer system: The warm-edge spacer system helps to reduce heat transfer through the edges of the window.
If you are looking for replacement windows for your home, be sure to choose Champion Comfort 365 Windows®. They meet the new Energy Star 7.0 requirements and offer a number of benefits, including energy savings, improved comfort, and a reduced environmental impact.
Additional Information about the New Energy Star 7.0 Requirements
The new Energy Star 7.0 requirements are designed to help consumers save even more energy and money on their utility bills. The new requirements are more stringent than the previous requirements, and they reflect the latest advances in window technology.
The new Energy Star 7.0 requirements are also designed to be more flexible. This means that manufacturers have more flexibility in how they design their windows to meet the requirements. This can lead to more innovation and a wider range of energy-efficient windows for consumers to choose from.
The new Energy Star 7.0 requirements took effect on October 23, 2023. All new windows manufactured on or after this date must meet the new requirements in order to be eligible for Energy Star certification.
How to Choose the Right Energy Star Windows for Your Home
When choosing Energy Star windows for your home, it is important to consider a number of factors, including:
- Climate zone: The climate zone in which you live will determine the type of Energy Star windows that are right for your home.
- Window type: There are a variety of different types of Energy Star windows available, including fixed windows, casement windows, double-hung windows, and sliding windows.
- Window features: In addition to energy efficiency, you may also want to consider other window features, such as noise reduction, security, and ease of maintenance.
It is also important to choose a reputable window manufacturer and installer. Champion Windows is a trusted manufacturer and installer of Energy Star windows. We offer a wide range of energy-efficient windows to choose from, and we can help you choose the right windows for your home.